The Jazz Show: Episode #10
> AS BROADCAST ON HCR
I had a picture of my ideal radio show in mind. Many years ago, Donald Fagen wrote a song called The Nightfly. It described the story a lone-wolf disc jockey, passing the night on the fictional WJAZ, which provided “jazz and conversation from the foot of Mount Belzoni”. The cover of the album showed Fagen doing two things you wouldn’t be permitted to do in a modern radio studio: one is smoking, the other is actually playing records…
But, on the Jazz Show on Harrogate Community Radio, you are stuck with me. I will be covering Jazz Standards as well as a great selection of newer releases.
Journeying from Bebop to Spiritual through Cosmic to Free, and covering all in between; I will play the music you need to hear on a Sunday afternoon. Broadcasting every second Sunday of the month at 4pm. To keep up to date with progress on The Jazz Show, feel free to sign up to the Newsletter HERE.
You Can Listen To The Jazz Show On Harrogate Community Radio Every Second Sunday Of the Month At 4pm.
Playlist For The Jazz Show:
- Shepherd’s Serenade – Joe Harriott, Joe Harriott Quintet – BBC Jazz for Moderns
- Theme From Picnic – Dizzy Gillespie – Dizzy Goes Hollywood
- Dee’s Dilemma – Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers – Hard Bop (Expanded Edition)
- Dreams – Alan Wakeman, John Taylor, Paul Lytton – The Octet Broadcasts 1969 and 1979
- Before Dawn – Yusef Lateef – Yusef Lateef Plays Yusef Lateef, Vol. 1
- Blended Lineage, Pt. 4: My Soul Swoons Slowly – David Bixler Bixtet – Blended Lineage
- Purple Sounds – Dizzy Gillespie And Stuff Smith – Dizzy Gillespie And Stuff Smith – Dizzy Gillespie And Stuff Smith
- The Elephant – Rajiv Jayaweera, Chris Cheek, Aaron Parks, Hugh Stuckey, Sam Anning – Pistils
- Dig Your Own Groove – Matt Moran Trio – Play Ball
- The Net Menders – Peter Hess Quartet – Present Company
- Reworking of a Butterfly – Anne Mette Iversen Quartet, Anne Mette Iversen – Racing a Butterfly
- Black And Tan Fantasy – Thelonious Monk – Plays Duke Ellington (Keepnews Collection)
- The Dream – Martin Wind, Ack van Rooyen, Philip Catherine – White Noise
- China Gates – Sun Ra – The Futuristic Sounds Of Sun Ra (Remastered)
- Why Yellow – Hackney Colliery Band, Rob Auton – Collaborations: Volume One
- Brazilian Breeze – Stein Urheim – Brazilian Breeze
- How to Get There – Ayuune Sule – We Have One Destiny
- Swimming, Tuesday – Chris Brokaw – End Of The Night
Recorded in my spare room in Harrogate, North Yorkshire and trying the best I might.
Thanks for listening - if you have anything to say, feel free to leave a comment in the footer of this post or on the show in Mixcloud?