The Jazz Show: Episode #2
> AS BROADCAST ON HCR
I had a picture of my ideal radio show in mind. Many years ago, Donald Fagen wrote a song called The Nightfly. It described the story a lone-wolf disc jockey, passing the night on the fictional WJAZ, which provided “jazz and conversation from the foot of Mount Belzoni”. The cover of the album showed Fagen doing two things you wouldn’t be permitted to do in a modern radio studio: one is smoking, the other is actually playing records…
But, on the Jazz Show on Harrogate Community Radio, you are stuck with me. I will be covering Jazz Standards as well as a great selection of newer releases.
Journeying from Bebop to Spiritual through Cosmic to Free, and covering all in between; I will play the music you need to hear on a Sunday afternoon. Broadcasting every second Sunday of the month at 4pm. To keep up to date with progress on The Jazz Show, feel free to sign up to the Newsletter HERE.
You Can Listen To The Jazz Show On Harrogate Community Radio Every Second Sunday Of the Month At 4pm.
Playlist For The Jazz Show:
- Ain’t Nobody Gonna Treat Us Like They Used to Do – The Spencer Jackson Family – Philip Cohran & The Artistic Heritage Ensemble – The Zulu 45s Collection
- Bags & Trane – Milt Jackson, John Coltrane – Bags & Trane
- Better Get Hit In Your Soul – Instrumental – Charles Mingus – Mingus Ah Um
- Bushwick After Dark – Omer Avital – Qantar: New York Paradox
- Pace – Nubya Garcia – SOURCE
- Blended Lineage, Pt. 1: Origins – David Bixler Bixtet – Blended Lineage
- Dark Honey (4TheStorm) (feat. Makaya McCraven) – Ashley Henry, Makaya McCraven – Dark Honey (4TheStorm) (feat. Makaya McCraven)
- What Kinda Music – Tom Misch, Yussef Dayes – What Kinda Music
- Body Needs Healing – Yazmin Lacey – When the Sun Dips 90 Degrees
- Ready Yet – Ben Hayes, Nubya Garcia – See Sun – EP
- For My Ladies – Yussef Dayes, Rocco Palladino, Charlie Stacey – Duality
- Uman – Kokoroko – KOKOROKO
- Malkoha Bird – Rajiv Jayaweera, Chris Cheek, Aaron Parks, Hugh Stuckey, Sam Anning – Pistils
- So What (feat. John Coltrane, Cannonball Adderley & Bill Evans) – Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Cannonball Adderley, Bill Evans – Kind Of Blue (Legacy Edition)
- Yayoi – Sebastien Ammann’s Color Wheel – Resilience
- A Love Supreme, Pt. I – Acknowledgement – John Coltrane – A Love Supreme
Recorded in my spare room in Harrogate, North Yorkshire and trying the best I might.
Thanks for listening - if you have anything to say, feel free to leave a comment in the footer of this post or on the show in Mixcloud?