The Jazz Show: Episode #25
> AS BROADCAST ON HCR
I had a picture of my ideal radio show in mind. Many years ago, Donald Fagen wrote a song called The Nightfly. It described the story a lone-wolf disc jockey, passing the night on the fictional WJAZ, which provided “jazz and conversation from the foot of Mount Belzoni”. The cover of the album showed Fagen doing two things you wouldn’t be permitted to do in a modern radio studio: one is smoking, the other is actually playing records…
But, on the Jazz Show on Harrogate Community Radio, you are stuck with me. I will be covering Jazz Standards as well as a great selection of newer releases.
Journeying from Bebop to Spiritual through Cosmic to Free, and covering all in between; I will play the music you need to hear on a Sunday afternoon. Broadcasting every second Sunday of the month at 4pm. To keep up to date with progress on The Jazz Show, feel free to sign up to the Newsletter HERE.
You Can Listen To The Jazz Show On Harrogate Community Radio Every Second Sunday Of the Month At 4pm.
Playlist For The Jazz Show:
- A Love Supreme, Pt. I – Acknowledgement – John Coltrane – A Love Supreme
- Twilight – The Jazz Defenders – King Phoenix
- Jump Monk – Charles Mingus – Mingus At The Bohemia
- Caravan – Thelonious Monk – Plays Duke Ellington (Keepnews Collection)
- Russian Lullaby – Dizzy Gillespie, Joe Pass, Ray Brown, Mickey Roker – Dizzy’s Big 4 [Original Jazz Classics Remasters]
- For John Coltrane – Live At The Village Theatre/1967 – Albert Ayler – In Greenwich Village
- Journey In Satchidananda – Alice Coltrane, Pharoah Sanders – Journey in Satchidananda
- Go My Heart, Go To Heaven – Shabaka and the Ancestors – We Are Sent Here By History
- Change of the Guard – Kamasi Washington – The Epic
- My Queen Is Ada Eastman – Sons Of Kemet, Joshua Idehen – Your Queen Is A Reptile
- Love Proceeding – BADBADNOTGOOD, Arthur Verocai – Talk Memory
- Movement 1 – Floating Points, Pharoah Sanders, London Symphony Orchestra – Promises
- Apocryphal – Ben Haskins Quartet – Second Thoughts
- Drivved – Oker – Husene Våre Er Museer
Ancestral Echoes – Nick Rosen – Into the Sky
- Lotta Chant – James Tatum – A Collection of Progressive & Independent Spiritual Jazz 45s, 1968-75
- Nomusa – Ndikho Xaba – Ndikho Xaba and the Natives
Recorded in my spare room in Harrogate, North Yorkshire and trying the best I might.
Thanks for listening - if you have anything to say, feel free to leave a comment in the footer of this post or on the show in Mixcloud?