The Jazz Show: Episode #33
> AS BROADCAST ON HCR
I had a picture of my ideal radio show in mind. Many years ago, Donald Fagen wrote a song called The Nightfly. It described the story a lone-wolf disc jockey, passing the night on the fictional WJAZ, which provided “jazz and conversation from the foot of Mount Belzoni”. The cover of the album showed Fagen doing two things you wouldn’t be permitted to do in a modern radio studio: one is smoking, the other is actually playing records…
But, on the Jazz Show on Harrogate Community Radio, you are stuck with me. I will be covering Jazz Standards as well as a great selection of newer releases.
Journeying from Bebop to Spiritual through Cosmic to Free, and covering all in between; I will play the music you need to hear on a Sunday afternoon. Broadcasting every second Sunday of the month at 4pm. To keep up to date with progress on The Jazz Show, feel free to sign up to the Newsletter HERE.
You Can Listen To The Jazz Show On Harrogate Community Radio Every Second Sunday Of the Month At 4pm.
Playlist For The Jazz Show:
Track – Artist – Album
- Kokoroko – Home
- Esbjörn Svensson – Gamma
- Sun Ra Arkestra – Marshall’s Groove
- Oded Tzur, Nitai Hershkovits, Petros Klampanis, Johnathan Blake – Isabela
- The Joe Harriott Quintet, Stu Hamer, Pat Smythe, Coleridge Goode, Phil Seaman – The Rake
- Avishai Cohen, Elchin Shirinov, Roni Kaspi – Dvash
- Makaya McCraven, Shabaka, Tomeka Reid, Junius Paul – Inner Flight
- Mary Halvorson – Hoodwink
- Courtney Pine – How Many More
- Kenny Garrett – Before It’s Time to Say Goodbye
- Joshua Redman, Brad Mehldau – The Nearness of You
- Shabaka and the Ancestors – Joyous
- John Coltrane – A Love Supreme, Pt. II – Resolution
- Ahmad Jamal Trio – The Awakening
- Alice Coltrane, Pharoah Sanders – Stopover Bombay
- McCoy Tyner – Autumn Leaves
- Roy Haynes Quartet – If I Should Lose You
- Archie Shepp – Los Olvidados
- Pharoah Sanders – Colors
- Yusef Lateef – Why Do I Love You?
- Charlie Haden – War Orphans
- Freddie Hubbard – Happy Times
- Dizzy Gillespie – Mas Que Nada (Pow, Pow, Pow) – Live At Memory Lane, Los Angeles, 1967
Recorded in my spare room in Harrogate, North Yorkshire and trying the best I might.
Thanks for listening - if you have anything to say, feel free to leave a comment in the footer of this post or on the show in Mixcloud?