The Jazz Show: Episode #11
> AS BROADCAST ON HCR
I had a picture of my ideal radio show in mind. Many years ago, Donald Fagen wrote a song called The Nightfly. It described the story a lone-wolf disc jockey, passing the night on the fictional WJAZ, which provided “jazz and conversation from the foot of Mount Belzoni”. The cover of the album showed Fagen doing two things you wouldn’t be permitted to do in a modern radio studio: one is smoking, the other is actually playing records…
But, on the Jazz Show on Harrogate Community Radio, you are stuck with me. I will be covering Jazz Standards as well as a great selection of newer releases.
Journeying from Bebop to Spiritual through Cosmic to Free, and covering all in between; I will play the music you need to hear on a Sunday afternoon. Broadcasting every second Sunday of the month at 4pm. To keep up to date with progress on The Jazz Show, feel free to sign up to the Newsletter HERE.
You Can Listen To The Jazz Show On Harrogate Community Radio Every Second Sunday Of the Month At 4pm.
Playlist For The Jazz Show:
- View from the Drawbridge – Live – Mike Westbrook, John Surman – Love and Understanding: Citadel/Room 315 Sweden ’74 (Live)
- Communion – Erich Kleinschuster – Spiritual Jazz, Vol. 2: Europe
Candy Clouds Pt 2 – Hans Dulfer – Spiritual Jazz, Vol. 2: Europe
- Serenade In Blue – Charles Mingus – Mingus At The Bohemia
- China Gates – Sun Ra – The Futuristic Sounds Of Sun Ra (Remastered)
- Passion – Yusef Lateef – Yusef Lateef Plays Yusef Lateef, Vol. 2
- Blended Lineage, Pt. 2: Motherland – David Bixler Bixtet – Blended Lineage
- Hope – Lynne Arriale Trio – Chimes of Freedom
- I Let A Song Go Out Of My Heart – Thelonious Monk – Plays Duke Ellington (Keepnews Collection)
- But Beautiful – Martin Wind, Ack van Rooyen, Philip Catherine – White Noise
- Merry-Go-Round – Alan Wakeman, John Taylor, Paul Lytton – The Octet Broadcasts 1969 and 1979
- Blue Forest – Yaniv Taubenhouse, Jerad Lippi, Rick Rosato – Moments in Trio III – Roads
- A Stable Genius – Greg Smith – CLUSTER 001
- Undertow – Andrew Van Tassel, Lucas Hahn, Rick Rosato, Kush Abadey – Shape-Shifter
- This Nearly Was Mine – Perry Smith – Peace
- Drivved – Oker – Husene Våre Er Museer
- Paul’s Ark – Morris Wilson Beau Bailey Quintet – Spiritual Jazz – Esoteric, Modal + Deep Jazz From The Underground 1968-77
- Psych City – Ohio Penitentiary 511 Jazz Ensemble – Spiritual Jazz
Recorded in my spare room in Harrogate, North Yorkshire and trying the best I might.
Thanks for listening - if you have anything to say, feel free to leave a comment in the footer of this post or on the show in Mixcloud?