The Jazz Show: Episode #17
> AS BROADCAST ON HCR
I had a picture of my ideal radio show in mind. Many years ago, Donald Fagen wrote a song called The Nightfly. It described the story a lone-wolf disc jockey, passing the night on the fictional WJAZ, which provided “jazz and conversation from the foot of Mount Belzoni”. The cover of the album showed Fagen doing two things you wouldn’t be permitted to do in a modern radio studio: one is smoking, the other is actually playing records…
But, on the Jazz Show on Harrogate Community Radio, you are stuck with me. I will be covering Jazz Standards as well as a great selection of newer releases.
Journeying from Bebop to Spiritual through Cosmic to Free, and covering all in between; I will play the music you need to hear on a Sunday afternoon. Broadcasting every second Sunday of the month at 4pm. To keep up to date with progress on The Jazz Show, feel free to sign up to the Newsletter HERE.
You Can Listen To The Jazz Show On Harrogate Community Radio Every Second Sunday Of the Month At 4pm.
Playlist For The Jazz Show:
- Top Down Tourism – The Jazz Defenders – Scheming
- Watermelon Man – Herbie Hancock – Head Hunters
- White Out – Jared Schonig – White Out
Chelsea Bridge – Ed Neumeister – One and Only
- Anthropology – Charlie Parker – Milestones of a Legend Bird 100 Charlie Parker, Vol. 10
- Space is the Place – Sun Ra – The Other Side of the Sun
- Envision Yourself Levitating – Sons Of Kemet – Black To The Future
- Abraham – Miles Mosley – New Jazz
Strasbourg / St. Denis – Roy Hargrove – New Jazz
- Do They Know – Takuya Kuroda – New Jazz
- Rye Lane Shuffle – Moses Boyd – Rye Lane Shuffle
- The Catch of a Ghost – Peter Brötzmann, Maâlem Moukhtar Gania, Hamid Drake – The Catch of a Ghost
- Desire – Kamasi Washington – Harmony of Difference
- Strings of Light – Yussef Kamaal – Black Focus
- You’ve Got to Have Freedom – Pharoah Sanders – Africa
Recorded in my spare room in Harrogate, North Yorkshire and trying the best I might.
Thanks for listening - if you have anything to say, feel free to leave a comment in the footer of this post or on the show in Mixcloud?