The Jazz Show: Episode #22
> AS BROADCAST ON HCR
I had a picture of my ideal radio show in mind. Many years ago, Donald Fagen wrote a song called The Nightfly. It described the story a lone-wolf disc jockey, passing the night on the fictional WJAZ, which provided “jazz and conversation from the foot of Mount Belzoni”. The cover of the album showed Fagen doing two things you wouldn’t be permitted to do in a modern radio studio: one is smoking, the other is actually playing records…
But, on the Jazz Show on Harrogate Community Radio, you are stuck with me. I will be covering Jazz Standards as well as a great selection of newer releases.
Journeying from Bebop to Spiritual through Cosmic to Free, and covering all in between; I will play the music you need to hear on a Sunday afternoon. Broadcasting every second Sunday of the month at 4pm. To keep up to date with progress on The Jazz Show, feel free to sign up to the Newsletter HERE.
You Can Listen To The Jazz Show On Harrogate Community Radio Every Second Sunday Of the Month At 4pm.
Playlist For The Jazz Show:
- Feeling Good – Nina Simone – I Put A Spell On You
- The Second Stop is Jupiter – Sun Ra, Pharoah Sanders, Black Harold – Sun Ra with Pharoah Sanders and Black Harold
- Ancestral Echoes – Nick Rosen – Into the Sky
- Joyous – Shabaka and the Ancestors – Wisdom of Elders
- I Fall In Love Too Easily – Chet Baker – Chet Baker Sings
- Giant Steps – John Coltrane – Giant Steps (Deluxe Edition)
- Turiya & Ramakrishna – Alice Coltrane – Ptah The El Daoud
- Blue in Green (feat. John Coltrane & Bill Evans) – Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Bill Evans – Kind Of Blue (Legacy Edition)
- Goodbye Pork Pie Hat – Charles Mingus – Mingus Ah Um
- Like It Is – Remastered – Yusef Lateef – The Blue Yusef Lateef
- Isfahan – Duke Ellington – Far East Suite
- It Never Entered My Mind – Miles Davis Quintet – Workin’
- ‘Round Midnight – Thelonious Monk – Genius Of Modern Music (Vol.1, Expanded Edition)
- Parker’s Mood – Charlie Parker – The Complete Savoy & Dial Master Takes
- October in the Railroad Earth (with Steve Allen) – Jack Kerouac – Poetry for the Beat Generation (with Steve Allen)
- Skylark – Toots Thielemans – Essentiel Jazz – Harmonica Jazz
- Dark Side Riddim – Ezra Collective – Dark Side Riddim / Samuel L.Riddim
- A Pint of Bitter – Tubby Hayes – 50 Great British Jazz Tracks, Vol. 1
- Coal Black Shine – Humphrey Lyttelton – 50 Great British Jazz Tracks, Vol. 1
- Ahmad’s Blues – Ahmad Jamal – Poinciana
- Peace Piece – Bill Evans – Everybody Digs Bill Evans
- Idle Moments – Grant Green – The Best Of Grant Green
- Rosita – Coleman Hawkins, Ben Webster – Coleman Hawkins Encounters Ben Webster (Expanded Edition)
Recorded in my spare room in Harrogate, North Yorkshire and trying the best I might.
Thanks for listening - if you have anything to say, feel free to leave a comment in the footer of this post or on the show in Mixcloud?