The Jazz Show: Episode #31
> AS BROADCAST ON HCR
I had a picture of my ideal radio show in mind. Many years ago, Donald Fagen wrote a song called The Nightfly. It described the story a lone-wolf disc jockey, passing the night on the fictional WJAZ, which provided “jazz and conversation from the foot of Mount Belzoni”. The cover of the album showed Fagen doing two things you wouldn’t be permitted to do in a modern radio studio: one is smoking, the other is actually playing records…
But, on the Jazz Show on Harrogate Community Radio, you are stuck with me. I will be covering Jazz Standards as well as a great selection of newer releases.
Journeying from Bebop to Spiritual through Cosmic to Free, and covering all in between; I will play the music you need to hear on a Sunday afternoon. Broadcasting every second Sunday of the month at 4pm. To keep up to date with progress on The Jazz Show, feel free to sign up to the Newsletter HERE.
You Can Listen To The Jazz Show On Harrogate Community Radio Every Second Sunday Of the Month At 4pm.
Playlist For The Jazz Show:
- Chet Baker – I Fall In Love Too Easily
- Portico Quartet – Prickly Pear
- Alfa Mist – Run Outs
- Kenny Dorham – Alone Together – Rudy Van Gelder Remaster 2006
- Emma-Jean Thackray – Spectre
- Bud Powell – You Go To My Head
- PYJÆN; Elisa Imperilee – Moonlight
- Art Tatum – Tea for Two
- Freddie Hubbard – The Things We Did Last Summer
- Nubiyan Twist; Ria Moran – Morning Light
- Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers – Moanin’
- Slowly Rolling Camera – Juniper
- Thelonious Monk – Monk’s Dream – Take 8
- GoGo Penguin – Erased by Sunlight
- Matthew Halsall – Song for Charlie – Special Edition
- Blue Lab Beats; Kiefer – Dat It
- Yakul – April
- Gracie Convert – Stay
- Ezra Collective – Victory Dance
- Theon Cross; Afronaut Zu; Ahnansé – The Spiral
- Ego Ella May – The Morning Side of Love
- DARGZ – Dough
- Shabaka – Explore inner space
Recorded in my spare room in Harrogate, North Yorkshire and trying the best I might.
Thanks for listening - if you have anything to say, feel free to leave a comment in the footer of this post or on the show in Mixcloud?