The Jazz Show: Episode #34
> AS BROADCAST ON HCR
I had a picture of my ideal radio show in mind. Many years ago, Donald Fagen wrote a song called The Nightfly. It described the story a lone-wolf disc jockey, passing the night on the fictional WJAZ, which provided “jazz and conversation from the foot of Mount Belzoni”. The cover of the album showed Fagen doing two things you wouldn’t be permitted to do in a modern radio studio: one is smoking, the other is actually playing records…
But, on the Jazz Show on Harrogate Community Radio, you are stuck with me. I will be covering Jazz Standards as well as a great selection of newer releases.
Journeying from Bebop to Spiritual through Cosmic to Free, and covering all in between; I will play the music you need to hear on a Sunday afternoon. Broadcasting every second Sunday of the month at 4pm. To keep up to date with progress on The Jazz Show, feel free to sign up to the Newsletter HERE.
You Can Listen To The Jazz Show On Harrogate Community Radio Every Second Sunday Of the Month At 4pm.
Playlist For The Jazz Show:
Track – Artist – Album
- Oded Tzur, Nitai Hershkovits, Petros Klampanis, Johnathan Blake – The Lion Turtle
- Esbjörn Svensson – Zeta
- Kokoroko – Abusey Junction
- Sun Ra, Sun Ra Arkestra – Love In Outer Space – mixed
- Petros Klampanis – Disoriented
- The Joe Harriott Quintet, Stu Hamer, Pat Smythe, Coleridge Goode, Phil Seaman – Polka Dots and Moonbeams
- Shabaka – Black meditation
- The Bad Plus – Flim
- Imajin – Soho Grandey
- Mild High Club – It’s Over Again
- Lettuce – Silence is Golden
- Niels Munk – Fire Pipe
- Dave Holland Quintet – What Goes Around
- ARCANA, Bill Laswell, Tony Williams – Gone Tomorrow
- Yom – Erratic Love
- SGJAZZ, Dr. Dundiff – Moonlite
- Nubya Garcia, La Perla, Kaidi Tatham – La cumbia me está llamando [Feat. La Perla] – Kaidi Tatham Remix
- James Tatum – Lotta Chant
- Ben Haskins Quartet – Apocryphal
- Pharoah Sanders – Thembi
- Art Ensemble Of Chicago – Thème de Yoyo
Recorded in my spare room in Harrogate, North Yorkshire and trying the best I might.
Thanks for listening - if you have anything to say, feel free to leave a comment in the footer of this post or on the show in Mixcloud?