The Jazz Show: Episode #36
> AS BROADCAST ON HCR
I had a picture of my ideal radio show in mind. Many years ago, Donald Fagen wrote a song called The Nightfly. It described the story a lone-wolf disc jockey, passing the night on the fictional WJAZ, which provided “jazz and conversation from the foot of Mount Belzoni”. The cover of the album showed Fagen doing two things you wouldn’t be permitted to do in a modern radio studio: one is smoking, the other is actually playing records…
But, on the Jazz Show on Harrogate Community Radio, you are stuck with me. I will be covering Jazz Standards as well as a great selection of newer releases.
Journeying from Bebop to Spiritual through Cosmic to Free, and covering all in between; I will play the music you need to hear on a Sunday afternoon. Broadcasting every second Sunday of the month at 4pm. To keep up to date with progress on The Jazz Show, feel free to sign up to the Newsletter HERE.
You Can Listen To The Jazz Show On Harrogate Community Radio On The Second Sunday Of the Month At 4pm.
Playlist For The Jazz Show:
Track – Artist – Album
- Gary Bartz Ntu Troop – Celestial Blues
- Sarah Webster Fabio – Sweet Songs
- Leon Thomas – China Doll
- Willie Wright – Right On For The Darkness
- Idris Muhammad – Loran’s Dance
- Letta Mbulu – What’s Wrong With Groovin’
- Annette Peacock – Survival
- Marijata – No Condition Is Permanent
- East of Underground – Smiling Faces
- Nina Simone – Funkier Than a Mosquito’s Tweeter
- George Benson – Footin’ It
- Rahsaan Roland Kirk – Spirits up Above
- Weldon Irvine – Walk That Walk, Talk That Talk
- Pharoah Sanders – Selflessness
- Philip Cohran & The Artistic Heritage Ensemble; Pete Cosey; Louis Satterfield;
- Don Myrick – Unity
- Michael White – Spirit Dance
- Dorothy Ashby – The Moving Finger
- Don Cherry – Brown Rice
Recorded in my spare room in Harrogate, North Yorkshire and trying the best I might.
Thanks for listening - if you have anything to say, feel free to leave a comment in the footer of this post or on the show in Mixcloud?