The Jazz Show: Episode #40
> AS BROADCAST ON HCR
I had a picture of my ideal radio show in mind. Many years ago, Donald Fagen wrote a song called The Nightfly. It described the story a lone-wolf disc jockey, passing the night on the fictional WJAZ, which provided “jazz and conversation from the foot of Mount Belzoni”. The cover of the album showed Fagen doing two things you wouldn’t be permitted to do in a modern radio studio: one is smoking, the other is actually playing records…
But, on the Jazz Show on Harrogate Community Radio, you are stuck with me. I will be covering Jazz Standards as well as a great selection of newer releases.
Journeying from Bebop to Spiritual through Cosmic to Free, and covering all in between; I will play the music you need to hear on a Sunday afternoon. Broadcasting every second Sunday of the month at 4pm. To keep up to date with progress on The Jazz Show, feel free to sign up to the Newsletter HERE.
You Can Listen To The Jazz Show On Harrogate Community Radio Every Second Sunday Of the Month At 4pm.
Playlist For The Jazz Show:
Track – Artist – Album
- Matthew Halsall – Together – Special Edition
- Kokoroko – We Give Thanks
- Sons Of Kemet – My Queen Is Albertina Sisulu
- Alice Coltrane – Turiya & Ramakrishna
- Shabaka and the Ancestors – Go My Heart, Go To Heaven
- Laufey – From The Start
- GoGo Penguin – Ascent
- Village of the Sun; Simon Ratcliffe; Moses Boyd; Binker Golding – Village Of The Sun
- Yusef Lateef – The Plum Blossom – Rudy Van Gelder Remaster
- Maruja – The Tinker
- John Coltrane; Eric Dolphy – My Favorite Things (feat. Eric Dolphy) – Live
- Archie Shepp; Horace Parlan – Goin’ home
- Sam Rivers – Fuchsia Swing Song
- Joe Harriott; Amancio D’Silva; Amancio D’Silva Quartet – Hum Dono
- Nubya Garcia; Nala Sinephro – Together Is A Beautiful Place To Be – Nala Sinephro Remix
- Sons Of Kemet – To Never Forget The Source
- Nala Sinephro – Space 4
- Art Ensemble Of Chicago – Thème de Yoyo
- Wildflower – Mirage
Recorded in my spare room in Harrogate, North Yorkshire and trying the best I might.
Thanks for listening - if you have anything to say, feel free to leave a comment in the footer of this post or on the show in Mixcloud?