The Jazz Show: Episode #5
> AS BROADCAST ON HCR
I had a picture of my ideal radio show in mind. Many years ago, Donald Fagen wrote a song called The Nightfly. It described the story a lone-wolf disc jockey, passing the night on the fictional WJAZ, which provided “jazz and conversation from the foot of Mount Belzoni”. The cover of the album showed Fagen doing two things you wouldn’t be permitted to do in a modern radio studio: one is smoking, the other is actually playing records…
But, on the Jazz Show on Harrogate Community Radio, you are stuck with me. I will be covering Jazz Standards as well as a great selection of newer releases.
Journeying from Bebop to Spiritual through Cosmic to Free, and covering all in between; I will play the music you need to hear on a Sunday afternoon. Broadcasting every second Sunday of the month at 4pm. To keep up to date with progress on The Jazz Show, feel free to sign up to the Newsletter HERE.
You Can Listen To The Jazz Show On Harrogate Community Radio Every Second Sunday Of the Month At 4pm.
Playlist For The Jazz Show:
- Chitlins Con Carne – Kenny Burrell – Midnight Blue (The Rudy Van Gelder Edition)
- Morning Chill – Otis Ubaka – Morning Chill
- Nuz An Tara – SicknessMP – Nuz An Tara
- Royal Mental Trip – Funky Fella – Royal Mental Trip
- Saturnian Potion – Cap Kendricks, Clap Cotton – Saturnian Potion
- Slypknot – Twit One – Slypknot
- Wandering – Milky Fella – Spring Sessions
- Tell – Vanilla – Into the Dream
- New Fields – Tom Doolie, Saib – Naoko
- Hi There – Blue Lab Beats – Hi There
- Last 100 – Tom Misch, Yussef Dayes – What Kinda Music
- White Rabbit – Simon Jefferis, Rosie Lowe – Vibrations
- Camberwell – FloFilz, Alfa Mist – Camberwell
- Song For My Father – Horace Silver – Song For My Father
- Blue in Green (feat. John Coltrane & Bill Evans) – Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Bill Evans – Kind Of Blue (Legacy Edition)
- If You Could See Me Now – Chet Baker – Chet (Keepnews Collection)
- Uhuru Sasa – James Spaulding – A Collection of Progressive & Independent Spiritual Jazz 45s, 1968-75
- Zoombah Lu – James Tatum – A Collection of Progressive & Independent Spiritual Jazz 45s, 1968-75
- No Jive – The Frank Derrick Total Experience – Spiritual Jazz
Be There – Leon Gardner – Spiritual Jazz
- Ricochet – Hackney Colliery Band, Dennis ‘Funkybone’ Rollins – Collaborations: Volume One
- Communion – Erich Kleinschuster – Spiritual Jazz, Vol. 2: Europe
- White Noise – Martin Wind, Ack van Rooyen, Philip Catherine – White Noise
Blended Lineage, Pt. 3: Trenches – David Bixler Bixtet – Blended Lineage
Recorded in my spare room in Harrogate, North Yorkshire and trying the best I might.
Thanks for listening - if you have anything to say, feel free to leave a comment in the footer of this post or on the show in Mixcloud?