The Jazz Show: Episode #8
> AS BROADCAST ON HCR
I had a picture of my ideal radio show in mind. Many years ago, Donald Fagen wrote a song called The Nightfly. It described the story a lone-wolf disc jockey, passing the night on the fictional WJAZ, which provided “jazz and conversation from the foot of Mount Belzoni”. The cover of the album showed Fagen doing two things you wouldn’t be permitted to do in a modern radio studio: one is smoking, the other is actually playing records…
But, on the Jazz Show on Harrogate Community Radio, you are stuck with me. I will be covering Jazz Standards as well as a great selection of newer releases.
Journeying from Bebop to Spiritual through Cosmic to Free, and covering all in between; I will play the music you need to hear on a Sunday afternoon. Broadcasting every second Sunday of the month at 4pm. To keep up to date with progress on The Jazz Show, feel free to sign up to the Newsletter HERE.
You Can Listen To The Jazz Show On Harrogate Community Radio Every Second Sunday Of the Month At 4pm.
Playlist For The Jazz Show:
- New Day – Sun Ra – The Futuristic Sounds Of Sun Ra (Remastered)
- Sunshine – Emma-Jean Thackray Remix – Hector Plimmer, Emma-Jean Thackray – Sunshine Remixed
- Lebanon Dreams – Grmmr.126, Gas Lab – Lebanon Dreams
- Jazzballaden – Live – Trondheim Jazz Orchestra, The MaXx, Mia Marlen Berg, Thomas Johansson, Petter Hängsel, Anton Toorell, Mattis Kleppen, Anja Lauvdal, Mette Rasmussen, Kjetil Møster, Oscar Gronberg, Petter Kraft, Tomas Järmyr – Live
- Atemporal – Figub Brazlevic, Sixcube – EXPEDITion 100 Vol.1: Figub Hadzi-Jusuf
- Rio Pakistan – Dizzy Gillespie, Stuff Smith – BD Music & Cabu Present Dizzy Gillespie
- Do Me That Favor – Instrumental – Ol’ Burger Beats, Vuyo – All Yours
- silhouette – Elijah Who, Slowya.roll – canvas
- So What (feat. John Coltrane, Cannonball Adderley & Bill Evans) – Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Cannonball Adderley, Bill Evans – Kind Of Blue (Legacy Edition)
- Ghettos Worldwide – digitalluc – Waitwait
- Ja Mil – Hastings Street Jazz Experience – Spiritual Jazz
- Ayo Ayo Nene – Mor Thiam – Dini Safarrar
- Zoombah Lu – James Tatum – A Collection of Progressive & Independent Spiritual Jazz 45s, 1968-75
- Inside the Grief – David Bixler Trio Incognito – Inside the Grief
- The Akrikan In Winter – Positive Force,
- Ade Olatunji – Spiritual Jazz
- If You Could See Me Now – Chet Baker – Chet (Keepnews Collection)
- Hitch Slap – Nick Walters, The Paradox Ensemble, Rebecca Nash – Entanglement
- Mulago – Alfa Mist – Structuralism
- Last 100 – Tom Misch, Yussef Dayes – What Kinda Music
- In The Public Gardens – John Betjeman – This Record Was Made By John Betjeman On The 9th Day Of June 1959
Recorded in my spare room in Harrogate, North Yorkshire and trying the best I might.
Thanks for listening - if you have anything to say, feel free to leave a comment in the footer of this post or on the show in Mixcloud?